Previous years: 2003-2004, 2005, 2006,
- Latest snapshot
- Added support for JSON string encoding for search template meta-variables.
- It can now specify regex pattern for HTDBDoc and HTDBText commands to parse URL into htdb:/ parameters.
- Added performance assessment for some libc functions at configuration.
- "CrossWordsSkipSameSite yes/no" command has been added.
- Added support for ISO 8601 date and time format.
- Added support for Sitemap: command in robots.txt file.
- Support for libextractor 0.6.x has been added.
- -G switch for indexer takes now an integral value for all indexing threads.
- Clones detection in search is now disabled by default.
- StopwordsLoose command has been added.
- hash32() function has been fixed for 64-bit systems. Total reindexing is required if affected.
- XML Entity Definitions for Characters have been updated to the W3C Recommendation 01 April 2010.
- Options add, update or delete has been added the the ActionSQL command.
- Initialization of wf has been changed so the weight for highest section number specified is propagated for the rest sections.
- The single option for Section command has been added.
- Another URL randomazing for indexing algorithm has been implemented. Use -rr switch to indexer to activate.
- Unicode data has been updated to 5.2.0 version.
- aspell checking has been improved, configure doesn't stop anymore if there is no aspell installed and aspell support hasn't been enabled explicitly.
- 24 Jan 2010: 4.53,
- ReverseAliasProg command has been added.
- A faster hash function implemented. You need to configure with --enable-hashcompatible switch when upgrade without reindexing.
- Template meta-variables are now rounded on a space or a puntuation mark.
- ExcerptMark command has been added. Use it to alter the delimiter of excerpt chunks.
- Match: command has been added for stopwords files.
- Improved support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- $(grand_total) template meta-variable has been added. Use it to show the number of URL found before grouping by site.
- -Esitemap command has been added for indexer. Use it to make a sitemap listing. All filtering options apply.
- Multithreaded results sorting has been implemented (up to 32 threads in parallel).
- SectionSQL command has been added.
- Language and charset guesser has been modified for speed. It need to recreate language maps, if you've created yours own.
- <!IFREGEX conditional operator has been added for search template.
- Support for libextractor has been added.
- Acronym files have been extended by regex based transformations.
- cachedchk2 table has been added to SQL database. Please execute "indexer -Ecreate" command on upgrade.
- A function of canonical lanuage name has been fixed. The languages with names below "ru" in lexical order were affected.
- The maximim length of log records has been enlarged to 480 bytes, the MUST size for a syslog message.
- MaxHrefsPerServer command has been added. Uset it to limit the maximum number of hrefs accepted per server during one indexer run.
- Limit command has been extended to accept SQL-based limits.
- 25 Apr 2009: 4.52,
- Busy timemout has been increased for SQLite.
- Fixes for sub-document recoding and content-length calculation for a document with sub-documents.
- A fix for incomplete passing text items from a subdocument to parent document.
- The command parser has been fixed for case when a section in allin<section>: operator contains character '_' or '-'.
- SkipHrefIn command has been added. Use it to skip some HTML tags from new href lookup.
- SEASections command has been added. Use it to specify the list of sections which are used to construct SEA summary.
- A possible trap on an empty document has been fixed.
- A Disallow command in robots.txt doesn't lead to document removal from database anymore.
- An error has been fixed in uncompression of big files.
- Quffix command has been added.
- Searchd cleans-up now the search cache on config loading/reloading.
- A bug in stored check-up has been fixed.
- Time zone processing has been added for Last-Modified header and meta.
- MakePrefixes command has been added. Use it to produce all prefixes for words in a document. This is suitable for making suggestions.
- 31 Dec 2008: 4.51,
- Exact as in query string matching has been added for relevance calculation.
- CAS based synchronization has been implemented for i386/x86_64 platform.
- The ActionSQL command has been added. Use it to execute SQL-queries with document related data while indexing.
- The support for KOI8-C (an extension of KOI8-R with old-Russian letters) charset has been added.
- FastHrefCheck command has been added. Use it to skip href checking against server list during parsing.
- SubDocCnt command has been added. Use it to specity the maximal number of sub-documents indexed per one document.
- SubDocLevel command has been added. Use it to specify maximal nesting level for sub-documents.
- HrefSection proccessing has been fixed in XML parser.
- $(url.directory) meta-variable has been added.
- storedoc.cgi accepts now the name of template in &tmplt= CGI-parameter.
- Accept: HTTP header has been fixed for case when pattern is used for Content-Type in MIME command.
- A bug in result merging has been fixed for multi-dbaddr mode.
- allin<section>: operator has been added to the search query language.
- storedoc.cgi takes now document from remote host if it unable to fetch it from stored database.
- 26 Jul 2008: 4.50,
- Default value for PopRankSkipSameSite command has been changed to "yes".
- Possible memory leak has been fixed for a sub-document indexed from stored database.
- The strict option has been added for Section command.
- A word break has been added for French-style contractions.
- Big lists of Russian and English synonyms have been added.
- MaxSiteLevel command accept now a negative argument to group URLs on subdirectory basis.
- The SkipUnreferred command has been extended to delete unreferred documents if necessary.
- Del log processing has been fixed in splitter for case when cache log is empty.
- Some German letters automatically replace by bi-letter combinations in accent-free search mode.
ß -> ss, ä -> ae, ö -> oe, ü -> ue.
- SQLite3 support has been added. Use --with-sqlite3 option for configure to enable it.
- Indexing has been fixed for documents with several versions in different languages.
You need to execute "indexer -Erehashstored" command when upgrade.
- HTML parser understands now <!-- google_ad_section_start -->, <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --> and
<!-- google_ad_section_end --> comments as tags to include/exclude content for indexing.
- Relevance calculation has been improved for case when acronyms and abbreviations are used.
- 12 Feb 2008: 4.49,
- String tokenization has been improved. For example, "c--" and "c#" are now cosidered as words.
- A subdocument indexing technique has been implemented.
- LongestTextItems command has been added. Use it to specify the number of longest text items to index.
- The support has been added for georgian-academy and georgian-ps charsets.
- URL data preloading has been fixed for multi-DBAddr configurations.
- HTML parser is now skiping indexing within tags with visibility set to none or hidden in style attribute.
- Subnet command has been fixed.
- $*(x) type of template meta-variable has been added. Use it to HTML-escape value without search words highlighting.
- $(np) and $(p) have been fixed in "resbot" and "bottom" sections of search template.
- PagesInGroup command has been added. Use it to specify the number of additional pages from the same site when google-like
groupping is enabled.
- ServerWeight command has been fixed.